What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our sites, or fill out a form;
- When registering on our sites, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, or phone number.
- We may collect computer data files, often called “cookies” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the effectiveness of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites.
What do we use your information for?
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To provide information to you that you have requested from us;
- To improve customer service
- To process your transactions or inquiry;
- To communicate the update to you via SMS (the mobile number you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your interests, in addition to company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.); and
- To send periodic emails (the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.).
We will not share information with third parties unless explicitly authorized or when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our System policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of our assets. Any third party to which we transfer or sell the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
To the extent you have the ability to enter your mobile number to receive messages from us, data and message rates apply, depending on your mobile plan. Consent to receive text messages from us is not required to buy or use our other products and services. The number of messages you receive per month is dependent on the information you are requesting from us. To unsubscribe, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For help, email email@example.com. If you have questions regarding text messages, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device, which enables RatePlug features and functionality. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit a Site or use our Services, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that’s consistent with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions faster and more secure.
Cookies and other ad technology such as beacons, pixels, and tags help us market more effectively to users that we and our partners believe may be interested in RatePlug. They also help provide us with aggregated auditing, research, and reporting, and know when content has been shown to you.
How do we protect your information?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System.
How can you limit the information collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists or Facebook Apps to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by emailing us at email@example.com; and
- As stated above, to unsubscribe from receiving future text messages, contact firstname.lastname@example.org be removed;
- To otherwise limit the information we have about you, contact us at email@example.com.
In some cases, your limitation of the information we collect may restrict your ability to use our services or the System.
Google’s Terms of Service
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.